Friday, January 6, 2012

It Was OK Yesterday

I did something really dumb.  I rode the bike trainer again today, like yesterday, except today my knee exploded about a minute after I got off.   I almost passed out.  Took a vicodin got the pain to a 9.  The bike was the breaking point but I was pretty stupid all day.  I washed some windows and all the bedding.  Vacuumed.  Did hoards of dishes and some painting.  Scanned some photos which wouldn't have been a big deal if the scanner didn't involve so many trips to the basement. On and on.  All of this would have been nothing without crutches etc.  Tomorrow I'm going to sit.  Just sit. 


Anyway.


When I tried to find personal documentation like this there was none so I set up this blog.  Seems like a good way to keep a journal leading up to and following the surgery, for me, but also for others in the same situation needing to know what someone else is experiencing.


FYI.  I think I waited too long.  Figures.  Blame it on my commitment phobia.  I was clinging to days when my knee felt a little better, foolishly hoping it may be a temporary condition.  The whole idea of a new knee gave me the creeps.  About two months ago my knee just pretty much quit and I still wanted to think it would rally.  Now it gets worse when I think it's as bad as it can be.  I think that I'm finally resigned to spending the winter reading good books by the fireplace.  Actually doesn't sound too bad.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home