Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thirty-Nine Days

No pain.  No drugs.  Except a 5/325 vike before bed and the meloxicam.  I dread bedtime since I know I'll toss and turn.
Skied 1:40 in the rain.  Slow, so even with slogging the pushing put pressure on my knee.  It was a 6 or 7 but tolerable.   Did a loop (up to town) with a biggish downhill.  Since it was so slow, I knew I wouldn't have a problem on the decent.  Did upper body only rowing for 20 minutes.
Loranne came from New Hampshire to entertain me while I'm couch-ridden.  Did a little afternoon outing to Willey's and the Craftsbury General Store.
My attitude is getting a little better because it's been sunny a lot and there is enough snow to ski.  I still feel horribly unproductive because of being so immobile.  I can't seem to get it together enough to come up with a project that feels worthwhile to me.  I'm sure billions of people would love to be in my position.  If I was normally less active I don't think I would feel like I was at such a standstill.
The skiing movement is more natural than the walking movement to me lately so it feels better to ski than walk.  Is that weird?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home