Thursday, January 26, 2012

Forty-Six and Forty-Five Days

Yesterday.  Thought I could get away without the pain management routine I'd perfected but I was wrong.  I did upper body rowing for 20 minutes.  In hind site, even though I'm not bending my knees, I'm still supporting the push with my legs and therefore my knees, which may not be a good idea.  Also in hind site, I cleaned the stove and kitchen, did bedding laundry and  mopped upstairs....none of which was a good idea either.  Anyway.  I drove to ski and my knee was so swollen I was virtually immobile.  I double poled like an old person for a while which may have been worthwhile had the flat sections of tracks been longer than 50 feet before I had to get out of the tracks and change directions which took a minute each time.  I iced and took 1/2 meloxicam. 
Any abrupt movement (which under normal circumstances isn't an abrupt movement) involving tensing my right leg muscles above the knee (believe me, it doesn't take much) is very painful and scary because I feel as if I have no control over any movement in the near future.

Today was sunny so spending time on the couch was a bit more enjoyable.  I had planned on a big ski day but immediately realized that I wasn't much better off than yesterday.  I was a little more mobile but mid-way through my hour I had to sit in the backseat of the car with my legs out in front of me for ten minutes.  At home...more ice, the other 1/2 meloxicam and 1/2 vicodin.  Right now (9 PM) I'm thinking I may be able to get some sleep tonight.

I edited some old film footage, read and knit....all from the couch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home