Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sixty-One Days

I think I toss and turn because of the knee pain and then the pain get worse.  So a double whammy.  How else can I explain this?  I was completely awake this morning and could feel my knee hard with swelling.  I knew when I got up it would probably really swell and be unbearable like yesterday.   Everything I read about pain is to stay ahead of it but my pain meds were downstairs and I was upstairs.  I inhaled and ran...or let's say moved as fast as I could which wasn't very fast...straight to the meds in the pantry with a really full bladder.  Too late (for the meds I got lucky with the bladder).  Within minutes the pain was a 9.5 but the timing was better than yesterday.  I think I may have gotten a little jump on it.  Tonight I'll have the meds near the bed and take them before I get up if need be.  I'll get it figured out.

Even hating needles as much as I do, I couldn't wait to get to the doc to get my knee drained today.  When I got there they told me my appointment was tomorrow.  :( For a change, I wasn't the one that made the error, it was the desk person, but evenso, the knee drainer was out and I was out...of luck.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home