Saturday, February 4, 2012

Thirty-Six Days

Weird.  I skied 2:10 on the flats, did 10 minutes of upper body rowing and have pretty much no pain.  I think skiing on powder is good and skiing on frozen granular is bad.  Whatever it is, I'm not complaining.  Skiing on the flats like I've been doing won't increase my fitness.  I doubt I'm even maintaining but being out does wonders for me mentally and since I'm sentenced to the couch most of the time, getting out is HUGE.

Even with a pill, it was hard to get comfortable enough to sleep last night.  Although I have very little pain right now, I'll probably take one before I hit the sack tonight since the pain is more obvious when I'm in bed.

I find myself getting cocky and walking without crutches when the pain isn't bad and it ALWAYS sets me back.  It's usually the next day or later in the day when I ski that I am kicking myself.   I should always use my crutches to keep weight off my right leg/knee.  The knee is always swollen and even when it isn't hurting, it is too swollen to straighten...another reason it's hard to walk and crutches are good.  It's swollen hard.  It used to be swollen and more liquidy soft and spongy.  The baker cyst isn't bothering as much as earlier in the winter. 

I'm babbling.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home