Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Fifty-Three Days

Setting more slow records, I was out for an hour and a half today.  The trail south along the river hadn't been groomed and had frozen after last night's rain but it was surprisingly good albeit a bit fast for someone that can't really react to the terrain under her feet.

The right knee...I think I'll call it Frankie because it makes me walk like Frankenstein, was very painful (7 1/2?) before I went out so I took 1/2 Meloxicam, waited an hour and then left.  It was like a miracle.  I had very little pain even though Frankie was very stiff and swollen.  My skiing wasn't pretty, I know that without being able to see myself, but I was thrilled to be out with almost no pain.  Now I'm back in and I'm still OK.

This morning I did 16 minutes of upper body on the rowing machine at a pulse rate of around 100...nope, I don't kill myself.  I stopped rowing because Frankie ache was escalating.

Then. Icing 3 times and heat once.  I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't do heat.  The knee (I don't think I could get used to calling it Frankie) started hurting after the heat...not right after so I'm not sure it's connected.  I'll try it again and pay closer attention.

Being able to ski pain free for an hour or so up until the big day would make me so happy.

BTW.  Last night was full of tosses and turns.  My left knee is pain free today.  Who knows?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home