Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Eighteen Days

I almost forgot I'd promised to write everyday.  OOPS. 
Anyway.  There was my joint class where the doc said something about dental work and avoiding it for a certain amount of time before the surgery.  I thought he said 2 weeks.  I had an appointment for a teeth cleaning 2 1/2 weeks before the surgery but I thought I'd call and check in to see if he wanted me to take any special precautions.  I called and of course the phone person made me tell her my question and of course she wouldn't leave a message because she said she would be able to get the info from someone else.  She didn't say who but I knew it was the scheduler.  I was on hold for 2 minutes.  She came back, "cancel your appointment"  easy for her to say, she didn't know what I'd gone through to make that appointment.  She said it was withing 3 weeks of the surgery so I had to cancel.  I asked her what gave her permission to override the doctor and she put me on hold again.  This time the scheduler picked up and said it was indeed 3 weeks, and what a coincidence...she had just asked Dr. Huber and he said 2 weeks.  And by the way, they were scheduling into August so good luck in having the other knee done soon after the first one.   Something in the way she asserted herself led me to believe she was making up her answer.  Then the doc's assistant called back to say I couldn't let a dentist in my mouth from 6 weeks before surgery.  I didn't tell you that the official joint book...from the doc's assistant...explicitly said that I wasn't to do the dentist for 6 to 12 months after and no mention of the before.  So guess what I did?  I kept my appointment and my teeth were cleaned 19 days* before the surgery and if I go blind or loose leg I don't know who I'll blame.
*I told the doc I did the 19 days and he said "oh, you'll be fine."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home