Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Twenty-Six Days

Skated and 1 1/2 hours and not very far.  A half hour out I got slammed with the flu and it took me an hour to limp back.  Couldn't even blame it on my knee.  So.  I was immobilized for a whole different reason.  Good thing I had my convalescence corner all set up because once I got home I couldn't do anything but lay down and try not to move at all.  Probably lost another pound.  I'M NOT A HYPOCHONDRIAC!

Almost wish I had more knee pain since everyone that has gone through the surgery says that now they are pain-free.  I'm already pain-free sort of.

I have an interview for the Florida State MFA film program in 10 days.  I think I try to walk into the interview without crutches like a normal young applicant.  Don't think I want to mention the knee replacement since they'll equate it with 'old person'....I probably would.  We both know that once I get a new knee, I'll be as good as new but I doubt they would know that and I'm sure my age is already a strike against me.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home