Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day Zero

I was able to ski for an hour with Vince before we went to the hospital.  It was so fun and mostly painless really.  It's pretty much the end of the season so my timing as it happened really was good.  The anxiety of the drive to the hospital wasn't what I expected.  I thought Vin would have to knock me out but he didn't.  I took a vicoden for the trip in.  The OR nurse was a dink.  She kept insinuating I was making up the necessity of a saline (not glucose) IV.  I finally told her that I didn't care if she believed me and she got much nicer.

Anyway, went in to the OR thinking I was getting partials and came out with totals.  Guess I wasn't all that surprised.  The surgeon said they were both so bad that the decision was a no brainer.

I don't remember a whole lot about recovery except I felt like crap and thought the nursing staff I had, must have graduated at the bottom of their classes.  I stood, vomited and took a few steps.  Got a bunch of calls and emails.  Vin came.  I couldn't eat.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home