Thursday, March 8, 2012

Eight Days and Seven Days

Nine:  Skied 1 1/2 hours before driving to the Manchester airport and flying to Columbus, Ohio.  Having crutches always make security suspicious.  They take off the tips to look into the shaft and always pat me down. 

Eight:  Rode the precor bike for 10 minutes before my 5 interviews and sitting in on two classes.  I blamed my limp on my torn meniscus (wink wink).*  Made it through the morning crutchless before caving into pain. 

The closer I get the the big day, the closer I am to tears ALL THE TIME.

Only three more days to myself on my Vermont couch with my old knees....the end of an era.

*the interviews are for admission into an MFA film program with an average age of 25.  Bilateral knee replacement surgery is too old sounding even though the result will turn me back into a young person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home