Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Two Days

Moving forward with the set-up, I located a walker and a commode.
I'm really feeling a sense of community with all of the 70+ locals who have had knee replacements.  Everyone is being so helpful.  One brought over a couple Aircast circulating ice water knee things for me to use and told me to keep her phone number by the bed in case I need help. Another was in town and picked up a couple of gel packs for me. 
I'm doing nagging odds and ends around the house because I don't want to have them hanging over my head when I can't do them.
Today Elinor was walking down the road next to the ski trail.   "How is it today?" she yelled to me when I skied by.  Well of course I thought she was asking about my knee and I went into this long boring scenario, comparing it to yesterday, how I think the boot/ski combination I have on is good...  Then she said "I meant how is the skiing?"
I think my surgery timing is good.  Skiing will be almost done.  Lots of ice and tree litter on the trails right now.
I was just looking at the weather for the days I am in the hospital.  Surgery day is sort of rainy but the day after is cloudless and warm.  I was bummed when I saw that since I'll have to be inside.  Isn't that stupid?
In 25 hours I won't be able to have anything to eat until after the surgery.  I feel like I am going to have some kind of meltdown.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home