Monday, March 12, 2012

Three Days

Only 2 more ski days left. :(  Skied 2 1/2 hours in the sun today.  Maybe 55 degrees.  I used my waxless skies and skate boots so I was ready for anything.  No knee issues today.
Got lots of good wishes from people that thought I was getting new knees today.  Carol Waters called and we compared pre-op for bi-lateral acl vs. bi-lateral knee replacement.  I keep forgetting that I am going in for petella femoral replacement and not total knee replacement (hopefully).  Very different in my mind.
Spent time looking for a walker to rent or borrow.  The hospital will 'give' me one but then I'll have a walker to store forever.
Talked to the CPM (continuous passive motion) machine people.  The hospital pharmacist called to go over meds.  I called my primary to ask about treating my pre-op irrational fear.  She said I would have to see me in order to prescribe something or I could take Benedryl.  I saw somewhere that listening to music can work too.  I told her I would just have Vince knock me out before he put me in the car that day.   Read over the joint book.   Everyone talks about preparing the house for when you come home but it already seems prepared other than moving the bed into the living room.  I guess I'll want a walker basket if I can get my hands on a walker.  I think I'll be able to use a metal chair in the shower.  I'll need a bedside table the right size and height.  It would be good if I could find a rocking chair.  Guess it works on range of motion and flexibility automatically....I can see that.  Seems like most of that stuff can be organized when I get home.  I suppose I should think about food but I just don't feel like it.  Maybe that should be tomorrow's project.  We'll see.
I addressed the rest of the xmas cards and gathered a few things to mail that I've been putting off.
Now all I have to do is wait.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home