Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day Thirty-five

Have you ever been driving behind someone that didn't know their blinker was on?  You kept waiting for them to turn but they didn't?  I feel like the driver with the blinker on and you're the person waiting for me to make the turn.  I know I told you a week ago I would be turning soon but I thought the turn would have come up by now.  Sorry, it's more like a gradual uphill straight-away climb.

I wondered if the discomfort I suffered yesterday after my first out-patient physical therapy session would be gone today and it was.  It was like Therapist Vinny bent and pulled me the exact right amount.  I feel like I may have functioned at a little higher level today even if not higher enough to make the turn.  I'm even doing a girl's sit-up version of squats which I haven't been able to do for at least twenty years.

Since I have to go in for pool PT, therapist Vinny will be able to watch me try and walk again tomorrow.  I've been practicing but feel like I'm getting worse.  I'm going to ask my dad if walking was easy for me when I was one. 

Left knee: I have this hot, sharp pain in/on the lower inside and a tight diagonally running something* below.  Combined, they restrict my movement and screw up my gait.  Yesterday Therapist Vinny did some TENS (transcutaneous electical nerve stimulation) on the hot sharp pain.  That, to me, sounds like it would hurt and work but it did neither.  Therapist Vinny says the TENS usually takes a few treatments before it starts to work which is fine with me since it doesn't hurt and doesn't hurt.

Had good PT today after adding three new strength exercises to my repertoire that I can't imagine would, but are supposed to, help get my pathetic quads back to normal.  Tomorrow after the pool I'm doing something fun and can't wait...so I'll have a surprise for you tomorrow night.


*everything in that area is tight but this is weird tight.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home