Friday, April 20, 2012

Day Thirty-Six

Today, my therapy was in the pool where I was determined to reclaim my pre-op gait but was wrong.  I don't think I made it worse but even with all the water kicking, squatting, marching, and walking backwards, it still sucked.  Maybe I can't blame my hitch completely on the hot, sharp pain in the lower inside or the tight diagonally running 'something' of the left knee but my gait is fine on the right where I don't have those things.  

Apology.  Remember yesterday when I was talking up TENS like I was an expert?  Well, and this is embarrassing.  TENS is a different miracle cure with electrodes while my hopefully eventual cure is called iontophoresis.

I'll bet you're waiting for the surprise I told you about, aren't you?  Well.  After pool therapy today Vince and I went to Stowe so I could ride on the bike path (flat-no traffic).  I couldn't wait.  Was curious to see if it was possible.  Went about 11 miles which took forever.  My legs were total noodles when I got off but the knee area didn't hurt one bit except for the hot, sharp pain in the lower inside or the tight diagonally running 'something' that was already there.  Good to know I could still balance while the knees flexed enough to go around.  And that was all I needed to know.

After Stowe, Vince walked the dog ("I promise I'll be walking you again soon Max") while I watched correct gait pattern videos on Youtube. 

Flexion today:
L=115 and R=112.  Sounds similar to last time which is better than if it had been worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home