Monday, February 6, 2012

Thirty-Four Days

Awoke to a knee that is as good as it gets these days.  It was going to be in the 40's so I waited until late morning when it got slow.  I planned an ambitious ski and headed north into the hills.  I got about 2 km, slipping like crazy.  THAT (slipping) is the culprit.  The happy knee started to blow up and I knew when I got to the Center that I was going to have to head back home before I couldn't move.  I limped south, side stepped down the step hill and made it to the house in 1:05.  Took a meloxicam, 5/325 vike and iced.  I wrote about my eating, knit, put a few things on ebay and read until I went to the post office. The knee retreated enough to drive...and while it was still light I parked on the side of the road and double poled on the flats for an hour without incident.  Feeling OK tonight.
Emailed with the girlfriends about our trip to NYC coming up.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit nervous about driving to Burlington, getting on a plane to the city and spearheading a 4 day outing.  As long as I bring a few just-in-case pills I should be OK.  If it wasn't Linda and Sarah, I wouldn't go.
Most days I'm pretty comfortable.  The message from the physical therapist seemed to be a big set back from which I am finally rebounding.
Quality of life is sitting at about 50% when it is sunny.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home