Sunday, April 8, 2012

Day Twenty Four. AM.

Nine hours into the 12 hour pain medication, I laid in my livingroom bed and straightened my right leg.  No pain.  I carefully straightened my left leg.  What?  No pain!...and that's the leg I wanted to amputate.  Did the medication actually work or am I smack dab in the middle of a miracle?   Maybe I'm better.  Not being able to extend/straighten my left leg without screaming was the first thing on my talk-to-the-surgeon-about list.

I closed my eyes and dosed off for another hour (again, miracle), awoke and tried it again.  No pain.  The only reason I had any of the 12 hour medication left was that I was sure it didn't work but last night I was desperate so tried it again.  Before I start jumping up and down (wouldn't that be cool?), I'm going to try extending again at 13 hours (an hour after the pill should have stopped working).  If there is no pain, I'll start jumping.  If there is pain, I'm going to see if I can get another prescription.

Did I just see my doctor two-step past my bed with a rhinestone belt and string tie?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home