Monday, April 2, 2012

Day Eighteen

My friend Linda came over again to take me for my morning walk.  Sounds like I'm her pet doesn't it?  We went to the Rainbow Farm mailbox and turned around.   I turned around there just because it's not very far and if I shouldn't be walking, I doubt there would be much harm done.

Nurse Tim came and other than my blood being a bit thick again, I'm good.

PT came to say I'm doing great.  I rode the bike for twenty minutes twice.  My flexion was good enough to do complete pedal strokes with the arch of my foot on the pedal.  (ball of my foot on the pedal is where I want to be).  Yesterday, in order to go around, I had to point my toe with my heel on the pedal so I'm bending like crazy, relatively.  Active Left = 2/117 and Active Right = 1/115.  (active means I'm doing it by myself and yes there is pain). 

Rowed for more than 5 but less than 10 minutes and edited my PT 'set' so I'm not repeating any of the exercises.  For instance, being able to ride the bike takes the place of a bunch of other exercises and is more dynamic (i.e. better). 

Two more 'in home' physical therapy visits and they kick me out into real rehab. 

Just in case putting vitamin e on a scar makes it less visible, I slather it on.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home