Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day Twenty. PM.

Can you believe that my knees will be three weeks old tomorrow?

The machine that flexed my knees (day seven post) while I just laid there and did nothing went back today so I have the whole bed to myself.


Tomorrow I get company.  Nurse Tim, in the morning, to take my blood and my temperature then PT Carla, in the afternoon, to tell me how well I'm doing.

Today seemed good.  I did my newly edited efficient PT sets, rowed, rode and walked a LITTLE at Barr Hill in Greensboro.  The drive up to the Barr Hill trail head was really rough and I had to hold my knees to keep them from clicking and clunking.

By week four I am 'supposed' to be walking unaided which seems impossible since today it would be hard to tell me from Frankenstein.  Matter of fact, I'll bet Frankenstein's gait is smoother than mine right now.

All my life I'd wished for smaller calves and never got them.  Now, I want my big ones back.   Big deal, if I'd be able to wear the slim jeans I wasn't able to get off that time in the dressing room.  And I could care less about the tall boots I could never get over my calves...the one's I saw years ago in PEOPLE magazine.

Happy Library Week.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home