Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day Fourteen

PT came early.   A different therapist which is OK.  To me, they all seem good.  Each of them has a little different method of getting to the same place with me.   I don't feel like I need the consistency of the same therapist every day because I know enough about how things work to be able to decide which of their suggestions are best for me.  Having several therapists gives me a bigger selection of exercises from which to choose.

My flexion was a little less this morning than yesterday which could have been that
1. it was 'just a little less' for some reason
2. it was a different therapist with a different kind of calipers
3. today she measured me on the bed and yesterday she measured me in a chair. 
I decided I wasn't going to get too hung up on the measurements until there was more consistency in measuring and just keep doing everything right and often.

Last night was lousy.  Pain.  Seems like the four sets of exercises wiped me out.  I was tired way earlier than I usually am. 

My definition of a set is:
a bunch strength and flexion lying on the bed
a bunch strength and flexion using the kitchen counter for stability
strength and flexion using the stairs
a bunch strength and flexion using the bike
then:
ice really often
doing laps in the house whenever I think of it

Even though the four sets wiped me out yesterday, I did four sets again today.  My last set was great.  I'm sure it was partly because I took the pain meds according to the prescription but my flexion was good.  It felt really tight on the bike but surprisingly, didn't hurt.  Matter of fact, it was very enjoyable. 

From what I've read, it feels like my knees are more swollen than they should be at this point.  The swelling is what is keeping my flexion sucky.  They are both swollen along the top.  I want to call the surgeon tomorrow to talk anti-inflammatories since the swelling seems to mess with the therapy at this point.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home