Friday, March 30, 2012

Day Fifteen

Today should have been my best new knee day yet but I decided to feel sorry for myself instead.
The physical therapist came at 7:30  and before long we got extension/flexion measurements of 0/100 on the left and 0/102 on the right.  We worked up a good mount for the rowing machine, did a couple makeshift squats and a stiff but comfortable pedal stroke.  She told me I should replace my crutches with a cane, which to me is a visual move toward elderly, to her it's one step closer to freedom.

I blame the crappy day on last nights non-sleep.  I'd finally get comfortable enough, nod off, then wake up ....five minutes later!  Over and over.  I feel like I'll never function again.  Like I'm not me.

I did 2 1/2 to 3 sets of PT instead of my new 4 set regime.  The whole feeling sorry for oneself is such a waste of time.  Who ends up suffering?! 

Maybe someday I'll watch a youtube video of a knee replacement which, from what I hear, will answer any questions one may have about why it feels like it does where.  But not for a while.

Tomorrow will be better, I'll make sure of that.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home