Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Seventeen Days

I'm just making up the day numbers now.

February 23 I had a GREAT ski before we drive south to the Hartford airport.  No pain.   Then February 24 we flew to Tallahassee for a MFA film school interview.  That made me nervous since I knew that the student's average age was 25 and even with perfect knees I was giving something up being 55.  My strategy was to not use my crutches and not mention my new knee with the interviewers.  If for some reason they asked why I was limping I would just say that I sprained my knee skateboarding.

While in Northampton I had my teeth cleaned at my real dentist's office.  They all knew about the what they consider arrogant orthopedic surgeons vs. the dental profession (I knew they would) and assured me that a cleaning 19 days before surgery was OK.

Before we flew out on Sunday, February 26 I rode the stationary bike with both legs for 35 minutes.  Seemed good.  I was able to retain my exit row seats by convincing the flight attendants I was just transporting the crutches.  Bear in mind that I was fully capable of assisting with the exit in case of an emergency and I wasn't endangering everyone else on the flight just so I could have more leg room.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home