Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Thirty-Two Days

Parked the car by the bridge at the end of Young Road so I wouldn't have to go down any hills unless I wanted.  Good idea.  Double poled in the sun for an hour and a half.  It was fast but I made sure I didn't slip and that did the trick.  And guess what?  I realized that I could snow plow if I had to with no repercussions.  Even with all of these new conclusions and even though it would be in my nature....I'm not going to push it.   I doubt my heart rate is ever over 100 but being outside is good stuff for the old head.
I still use my crutches to keep weight off the knee...mostly to keep the swelling down so I'm able to get out every day.  I look so forward to that time.  Lately, but before I was couch ridden, I would try and get some exercise everyday but I'd do it mostly just to get it over with.  Now I actually really look forward to it.  Everything changes when you identify and stop taking things for granted.  So, my knee....which could have been perceived as a TOTAL disaster, ended up spawning this incredible benefit.  (this is my attitude when it is sunny).
The baker cyst is still missing and I'm in almost no pain at the moment.
If a fit upper body helps with knee replacement recovery, I'll be dancing in a week.
Until tomorrow.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home