Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day Forty-One

So much for showing off my new gait from the parking lot to the clinic...the one day therapist Vinny wasn't looking!  I guess I'll have to be satisfied with a nod of approval at the end of the hallway  and an "everyday is a little better."  Not the "have you been watching youtube videos, WOW!?" for which I was hoping.

Got to play on the leg press, which would be nice to have at home, and the stationary bike.  The rest of the appointment was him bending and stretching me again (i.e. torture).  My extension was zero (zero in a bank account or on a test=BAD; zero for knee extension=GOOD).  My flexion on the left was 124 which was fairly comfortable and I may have been able to get a degree or two more out of it.  My flexion on the right was 121 and hurt like hell.  The right knee is a teeny bit more swollen than the left.  The left feels tighter, has that hot spot on the lower inside, which isn't feeling all that much better than a couple weeks ago, and is at least partly responsible for my funky gait. 

At the end of it all, therapist Vinny said I am making progress and it looks like I will probably end up maxing out the 'hardware' (technical term for 'fake knee') in the flexion.  Being of the 'I'll believe it when I see it,' mentality, I just nodded. 

After my torture, I sat in the waiting room for an hour and a half waiting for Vin (the husband, not the therapist) to pick me up and was able to share my blog with some of my target market sitting there with me.  I also gave the link to Guy, the medical assistant, and immediately, given how cynical I can be, wondered if I had blogged anything I didn't want him to read.  Too late now.  But I think I'm OK.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home