Thursday, April 26, 2012

Day Forty-Two

I just realized I didn't use my crutches today.  Not once.  Didn't think about them.  I'm not even sure where they are.  Probably in the entry but I don't feel like looking.  My gait wasn't any better today but I could get from place to place crutchless if I didn't mind kind of dragging my left leg behind me.
Black Cap Coffee, Stowe, Vermont

Drove to Stowe for the bike path again today.  Well, the bike path and coffee.  One of my biggest flaws (ask Vin) is that everything ALWAYS has to be, what I've determined, 'perfect'.  If I'm going to Stowe to ride, then I have to go to Black Cap Coffee Roasters too or it's hardly worth the trip.  The other day it was closed when we finished our ride and it took an exhausting amount of effort for me to convince myself the whole day wasn't ruined (Vin has his quirks too).  Earlier today when I was designing my outing, the proposed ride was longer but I was comfortable with the adjustment* thinking I could always ride, get coffee, then ride again if I wanted.  The time came.  Leaving Black Cap I had to decide which would be more perfect...turning left to ride again or turning right and heading home to hear about Vince's day at school.  I turned right.

Good Stretch.
If I take a dining chair, stand in front of it as if I was going to sit, set my heels, one at a time, under the chair and slowly lower myself until I'm sitting, I can really make my knee bend...and hurt.  I'll bet my scar tissue really hates that one.

Final Note.
For those of your reading this post for my knee progress and not my mental state...I rode the path faster than last time which probably had more to do with having to ride a certain predetermined amount and get my coffee than being more fit, but, unlike last time, even the first pedal stroke was perfectly comfortable.  An 'I'll believe it when I see it' testimonial.

*I left 30 seconds after Vince got home from school, in our only car, an hour late.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home