Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day Fifty-Five

Therapy today was brutal and while Vinny the therapist sweated as he twisted and pulled, I didn't have to lift a finger.  Most of the session was him working on my left IT band again.  First he ultra-sounded it.  Then twisted and pulled.  Followed by iontophoresis while manipulating my right leg and knee (like washing dishes in the dishwasher while vacuuming).   He watched me walk.  My gait seemed a bit better (maybe...I don't even know anymore) when he had me sort of march.  I felt like I was in a marching band but he said it looked plain old normal.  The pain is too profound for walking to be fun (I dread it) but I think my technique is a bit better.

Tonight I have good tired pain on the right while the left is still way too stiff and bound.

I just did some online research, googling tkr and tight IT band.  It is a 'thing', I'm not the only one that has it and it sounds like it can get better.  

My 3 month follow-up with Doctor Huber is in 3 weeks...2 months and 3 weeks after my surgery.  I have to be all better by then.  

flexion left = 125 before stretching
flexion right = 115 before stretching/120 after stretching...and I think I've gained a few pounds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home