Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day Forty-Eight

If you are sick of me talking about my pain, stop right here.

The very first thing I do every day is wonder how much longer I will be waking up with an 8 or 9 pain-scale pain.  Other than the meloxicam (same thing we give Max) this winter, I've never known an anti-inflammatory to work for me.

If I was to draw my morning pain, it would be something jagged.  Chaotic, mean and ugly.  So, this morning between moans I swallowed a 200 mg Celebrex tablet and focused.  Gradually the jagged-ness became  smooth and even though I attribute everything to coincidence, I don't think this was.  

Therapy was invigoratingly brutal again today.  Vinny the therapist didn't do as much bending and pulling as usual.  Instead, he showed me ways to torture myself at home which I'm sure he would have done even if he hadn't had pink eye.  Lots of quad strengthening and stretching.  'Good pain' exercises.  I told him that a lot of my pain (sometimes, most) was in the hip flexor area and he spontaneously told me it's likely related to the knee.*

Did some treadmill.  It allows me to unweight enough to focus on my gait rather than my pain. (there's that pain topic again).

Rode a wonderful hour on the Stowe bike path.

Today's progress: Celebrex discovery.

*I'd been worrying it might be a whole other problem so he made me happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home