Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day Forty Nine

Besides a big bunch of in-home pt, I walked Max on the ski trails with Vince.  Just my legs, no crutches or ski-poles (progress).  My walking is as stiff and painful as it was a month ago. :(  I'm hoping walking is just taking me longer for no particular reason and it's not something else.  No one on my panel of knee replacement survivors seems to remember having a lot of trouble walking.  But then no one probably kept track of every single day of their recovery.

It's the left one.  Hard to explain but even though the right one is more swollen and has less flexion, it's way less painful and more normal feeling.  The left has the hot spot but even more debilitating is what feels like tight bands surrounding the knee itself, along the outside half way up and below.  Then there's this obnoxious hang up/hitch at about 35 degrees as my knee comes through from the back of the stride to the front.  Am I thinking too much?  I'm really not complaining....just waiting for someone to read this and tell me they know exactly what I'm talking about and it goes away at about seven weeks.

We just got plane tickets to Ohio.  You can imagine how excited I am to go through security.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home