Friday, May 11, 2012

Day Fifty-Seven

Before I forget, I wanted to show you how good my incisions look.

Today was my last pool therapy :(  in which my gait is starting to look pretty good.

Vinny the therapist has been working so hard on fixing that creepy tight band feeling around my left knee.  Even before he said hello this morning he asked if it was feeling any better.  I wanted so badly to tell him that I couldn't believe how much better it was feeling, since we'd spent all of Wednesday's session working on it, but there was no difference.  I hope I didn't hurt his feelings.

He said it would take a while, showed me six more IT band stretches and told me to do 3 sets, 3 times daily which brings me up to about 18 hours of PT a day.   Whatever that tightness is, it mostly bothers me when I walk.  So.  If I could just figure out how to get around with never having to walk, it wouldn't be a big deal.

Chilly, sunny afternoon.  Had coffee after riding 1:20 and walking Max on the Stowe bike path.  After the ride, the back of the right knee was a new type of stiff/sore and the left didn't extend right away but both feel OK now.

I'm sure I've complained about the annoying numbness around the incision etc. and I'm happy to report that it's either getting better or I'm getting used to it.  Either way is good.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home