Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day Ninety-Five


I was riding faster than I wanted to knowing Vince would be turning off the bike path in a couple miles to head for the hills leaving me to ride any old pace I wanted.  He turned off and about the time I caught my breath I heard someone behind me.  A woman with an IPOD and cleavage that I wasn't going to let pass me was riding my exact 'faster than I wanted to ride' speed.  I didn't stop when I got to Maple Street, timing my crossing so I knew she'd have to stop...but the daredevil didn't stop either.  Breathing hard enough to hear myself, I sneaked a peek behind me at the top of the two mile rise past Amherst College.  I didn't see her but you never know, she could be just out of site, so even though I slowed a little I still had to go faster than I wanted.  I'd never forgive myself if she suddenly showed up right around the corner behind me.  I got to the end and decided she must have turned off somewhere.  Now I could lollygag.  Just then, leaning around the corner on a 16 pound racing bike, was someone I recognized.  I made a quick calculation.  Acquaintances more than friends, it had been so long since we'd seen each other that pretending I didn't recognize him was perfectly believable.  Then, "Kathy?"  "Oh Hi."  A minute later I was trying to remember his name as we were rode side by side.  When he didn't turn off where I knew his house was I figured he planned on riding with me, faster than I wanted, all the way to the end...and then he turned...two seconds before Vince rode up behind me in a big gear.

Walked with Vince and Max at Bear Swamp.  My downhills were pathetic.

Did 2 sets of stretching exercises, taking it easy on the right flexion stretches since it still feels a little too much like cut glass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home