Saturday, May 26, 2012

Day Seventy-Two


Today's ride.
Turned around at the bottom of the big hill on 'Linda loop #1'*, went the rest of the way around the lake, up to the Common and home.  Not sure how far it is but far enough to be hungry by the end of it.  I'm sick of eating without being hungry so dinner tonight will be fun.  I'm sauteing the hen-of-the woods mushrooms from the Farmer's Market...where I shopped without the support of my poles...and having them with pasta.

Icing now.  Both knees are a bit swollen after the hills but not bad.  I'm thinking I'll try limiting myself to rides like this a couple times a week until my 3 month follow up with the surgeon, June 8.  Can you believe it's been almost 3 months?

PT now (at home and with Vinny the therapist) is mostly IT band stretching, and right/left flexion and extension work.  The right flexion is pretty tight and painful.  If I sit with my legs straight out in front of me and slide my heels up to my butt, I can get the left heel about 4 inches closer to my butt than the right.  Doesn't that seem like a lot?  Interesting how differently the two knees are healing. 

*we name some of our rides after our friend Linda who showed them to us and owns the Galaxy Bookshop in Hardwick, Vermont.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home