Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day Seventy

Yesterday I promised myself that today I would ride to the post office.  Even though it's only about a mile and a half from the house, it would be a big mental hurdle for me since it's uphill on a dirt road instead of flat on a paved path.  Rolling down the driveway I asked myself why I was riding to the Post Office since it had been closed for two hours, got to the intersection and took a right toward the lake instead of a left toward the PO.

So anyway...I RODE AROUND THE LAKE!  When I took the right I figured I could get off and walk if I had to but I rode the whole hilly 9 miles* sitting in the saddle.  It took an hour but I had an hour.

Wondering if I'll suffer tomorrow or tonight more than usual while trying to sleep but I don't think so. 

Still walking like Festus but the blue tape and fabric compression tube seem to do something?
I remember Festus from Gunsmoke because of his endearing limp :(


*funny how a measly (I've never had to spell measly before...does it look right to you?) 9 mile ride can be such a big deal.  I sort of enjoy these new goals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home