Friday, May 25, 2012

Days Sixty-Six, Seven and Eight

Started day sixty-six with an almost windless (20 mph breeze) ride around the Guida loop followed by a dance at the Elkton, South Dakota Senior Center at 2 o'clock in the afternoon with my aunts and uncles.  Polkas and fox-trots were out of my knee's comfort zone so I spent the afternoon sitting in a folding chair at the end of our table. 

Day Sixty-Seven we left the house with a 40 mph tailwind on our way around the, guess what?...Guida loop, before heading to Sioux Falls and the airport.  We left in time to stop at Breadsmith for fresh bread which is right next door to the food co-op where I ground some high calorie peanuts for peanut butter that I hoped would make it through security.  (one time they identified and took it as a security threat)   Hope my knees don't suffer from 2 days of skimping on PT but I haven't felt it's been doing me a whole lot of good lately anyway. :(


Day Sixty-Eight, Plainfield MA.  We're here to assess and spiff up the house* for the booming western Mass real estate market.  I didn't think I'd be able to participate in the spiffing and was happy when I realized I could pick up branches and pull weeds like a really slow normal person.  Walked Max at Bear Swamp on a familiar mildly technical trail that took longer than it did in the old days but something I couldn't have done a month ago. 

Hope you realized I was kidding when I said the days 66, 67 and 68 were really interesting.

*the house we built and lived in for 20+ years

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home